Monday, February 8, 2016 9:10:00 AM
NC Primary Election Day is Tuesday, March 15. Polls will be open from 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM.
The deadline for voter registration and to change party affiliations for the March 15 Primary is Friday, February 19.
To register to vote:
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must be at least 18 years of age by the date of the next general election.
- By election day, you must have resided in the county for at least 30 days.
- You must not be currently serving a felony sentence. If previously convicted of a felony, you must have fully completed your sentence, including probation or parole.
Note – Anyone who will be 18 by November 8, 2016 is eligible to register now and vote in the Primary as well as the General Election in November.
Unaffiliated Voters may choose in which Primary they wish to vote on the day they vote – either Democrat or Republican. When you check in at the polling place, you need to tell them if you want the Democrat or Republican ballot, otherwise you will only be given an Unaffiliated ballot and won’t be able to vote for either of the party primaries.
Early Voting will be available from Thursday, March 3 through Saturday, March 12.
Voter identification will be required this year.
There are 3 Referenda on the ballot:
- Connect NC Public Improvement Bond
- Union County Malt Beverage Election
- Union County Unfortified Wine Election
Visit the Union County Board of Elections website for additional information.