VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR NOVEMBER MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS
MONROE, NC – The voter registration deadline for the November 5, 2019 Municipal Elections is Friday, October 11. Voter registration applications that are received by the county board of elections office or postmarked by the deadline are accepted as valid applications for the upcoming election. To register to vote in North Carolina, a prospective voter must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must live in the county of registration, and have resided there for at least 30 days prior to the date of the election.
- Must be at least 18 years old. A prospective voter can submit a registration form up to two years before their 18th birthday, if and only if they will be 18 at the time of the next general election.
- Must not be serving a sentence for a felony conviction, including probation or parole. If a prospective voter has previously been convicted of a felony, their citizenship rights must be restored.
Voters who are not registered in the county by the deadline may register and vote during one stop voting only. Same-day registrants at early voting must attest to their eligibility and provide proof of residence by presenting any of the following showing the voter’s current name and current address:
- North Carolina driver’s license;
- Other photo identification issued by a government agency;
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document showing the voter’s name and address; or
- A current college/university photo identification card paired with a current roster prepared by the college/university and transmitted to the county board of elections office, which lists all students residing in campus housing facilities.
Residents can print a voter registration application from the Union County Board of Elections or North Carolina Board of Elections website. Once completed, the application should be signed and then mailed to Board of Elections, PO Box 1106, Monroe, NC 28111. Voter registration applications are also available at the Board of Elections office, public libraries, and high schools. For more information, please call the Union County Board of Elections at 704-283-3809 or email email@example.com.
Please feel free to contact the Village Clerk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (704) 843-1680 ext. 102 if you have any questions regarding this notice or the meeting.
Barbie Blackwell, NCCMC
Clerk, Village of Marvin
This notice is issued on this 7th day of October, 2019 pursuant to the laws of the NCGS 143-318.12(a)(b). Contact the Village Clerk at (704) 843-1680 ext. 102 for additional information.