On Wednesday, June 24, the Governor announced a mandatory mask order for all of North Carolina would go into effect at 5:00pm on Friday, June 26.
Executive Order 147 requires face masks in public places when social distancing of 6 feet or more is unobtainable.
Public Places are defined as retail businesses, restaurants, personal care, grooming, and tattoo businesses, child care facilities, government offices and agencies, transportation, manufacturing, construction sites, agricultural settings, meat or poultry processing plants, and long term care facilities.
Exceptions to the order:
* Medical, behavioral, or disability
* Under the age of 11
* Actively eating or drinking
* Strenuous exercise
* Communication with someone who is hearing impaired that needs to read lips
* Giving a speech
* Working at home or in a personal vehicle
* Securing government services, medical services, or identification purposes
* Workplace safety
* Face covering impedes visibility to operate equipment, or a vehicle
* A child who cannot safely wear a face covering
For more information on this order: https://www.nc.gov/covid-19/staying-ahead-curve/phase-2-extension-faqs